- To date, there have been 50 Fire Fighter Line of Duty deaths.
- In 2013, there were 101 Fire Fighter Line of Duty deaths.
West Burlington Fire Dept. will be taking applications for paid on-call firefighters. Paid certifications, training, stand-by, and calls. Open date for applications will be 07/04/14 and the closing date will be 09/15/14. If interested you can pick up an application at West Burlington City Hall at 301 Broadway St. or go to www.westburlington.org. Turn applications in at West Burlington City Hall.
Recent fires or significant calls for service (*Medical alarms are not indicated):
- Wednesday, July 23 - Dumpster Fire at GRMC Maintenance Building Engine 2 and Command responded.
- Wednesday, July 23 - Mutual Aid - Cessford Quarry in Danville Tower 1 responded.
- Wednesday, July 23 - Motor Vehicle Accident - Rescue 1 and Command responded.
Look for us on Facebook as well!